As the Senior Oracle EBS Financials Functional Architect you will be responsible for delivering end-to-end financial solutions in the Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) applications space. Responsibilities include defining, designing, developing, testing, documenting and supporting the finance functions. The role requires exercise of discretion and independent judgement in evaluation of user requests/requirements, determining and implementing an optimum approach/solution and related documentation by applying system analysis techniques and procedures. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally with Business leaders, Product Managers, Super users, Engineering, Change Management and other internal IT teams.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish, contribute to and adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
- Provide oversight on delivery of application solutions and enhancements
- Act as the SME, provide guidance, to IT Support, development and integration teams
- Design, develop, unit test and deploy new business functionality
- Work with business users and IT colleagues to provide solutions to match business needs
- Ensure functional documentation is created and updated
- Provide project implementation oversight, support, including testing of new features, and other system changes
- Ensure adherence to internal service management, ITIL guidelines and internal SLAs
- Manage the delivery of application features and functions workload and tasks
- Develop and implement seamless reporting capabilities
- Gather unrefined business requirements from multiple sources
- Drive delivery of application features to successful completion by coordinating resources and timetables of resources and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews
- Adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
- Guide in the design, development, testing and deployment of new business functionality
- Provide guidance on how solutions could help solve business problems, evolve existing business capabilities, and enable new business capabilities
- Using standard project management methodologies (PMP), analyze user operational requirements to design end-to-end solution, develop functional specifications, test cases
- Provide support for both application and business process issues
- Document all requests and ensure that the project management process methodology is adhered to including submission/updates to the business requirements
- Understand, perform and coordinate the analysis and design of business systems solution
- Develop and execute system testing and test plans as required as well as coordinate and conduct internal user support and training
- Act as a liaison between the business user groups and the technical systems groups
- Identify and document application integration requirements
- Develop and test solutions in collaboration with end-users, execute production migration and post-install after care
- Improve process flow and user documentation for Oracle ERP and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Ensure stability and data accuracy in the Oracle Applications production instance post release in addition to meeting customer needs in line with compliance and audit policies
- Create and manage Oracle Support Service Requests as and when required
- Design and manage the delivery of program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, programmers, external contractors and end users
- Document, propose and optimize Oracle ERP applications configuration to provide best usability and information availability
- Maintain consistency across functionality and processes globally. Understand the business models across global enterprise and any unique services / applications / localizations.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 8 years of hands-on functional and techno-functional experience in working with Oracle ERP in corporate accounting modules and projects
- At least 8 years of functional or techno-functional experience in Oracle financials modules specifically in the corporate accounting area: PA, GL, FA, SLA, AR, AP, OTL, CST
- Demonstrated experience in being self-supporting in EBS technology components: SQL, PL/SQL, reports etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency and willingness to serve as an internal subject matter expert (SME) for Oracle modules including PA, GL, FA, SLA, AR, AP, OTL, CST providing feasibility analysis, solution design and new functionality implementation as required
- Understanding of e-business Tax (ZX) module and other tax integration tools such as Vertex
- Understanding of Oracle Supply Chain cycles and modules: OTC, P2P, BOM, WIP, ONT, PO
- Thorough understanding of technical and functional aspects of Oracle ERP including Application Object Library (AOL), and FND
- Demonstrated experience working with technology and integrated systems with Oracle EBS as the anchor system
- Experience in enterprise applications, in the following technologies preferably in order of priority: Oracle eBusiness Suite, Salesforce.com
- Cross train internal IT on Oracle ERP new features, functionality and integrations
- Deep exposure of information systems, business processes and measures of success
- Ability to be engage in various levels of application development including interaction with subscription service product managers/end users for requirement analysis, system analysis and design, system testing and integration, implementation and documentation required
- Demonstrated experience in IT project management preferred
- Experience in Agile Scrum delivery framework preferred
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- Experience in building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Experience in applications integration to other third party applications
- Experience in generating process maps for front-end related business processes
- Ability to articulate to stakeholders the value of recommended approaches and solutions
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, information systems or demonstrated equivalent education and relevant work experience
- At least 8 years of IT specific experience related to analysis, development, testing, or equivalent experience acquired by serving as a key business SME on IT initiatives
- Minimum of 8 years of knowledge and experience working on enterprise applications
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Experience in working with Oracle EBS in the corporate accounting and projects space.
- Functional or techno-functional experience in Oracle financials modules specifically in the corporate accounting area: PA, GL, FA, SLA, AR, AP, OTL, CST
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork, including international travel may be required. Therefore, employee must possess, or be able to acquire, a valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which you are hired.
Target salary is around $115k-$130k 5%
Please apply to Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information q