Please note this is a temp remote role. The successful candidate will need to relocate close to one of the following locations: Newport NH, Prescott AZ or Mayodan NC USA.
We are in search of an Oracle Financials Functional Developer/Analyst to work in one of our great locations. As the individual responsible for delivering end-to-end financial solutions in the Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) applications space, responsibilities include defining, designing, developing, testing, documenting and supporting the finance/accounting functions at the company.
The role requires exercise of discretion and independent judgement in evaluation of user requests/requirements, determining and implementing an optimum approach/solution and related documentation by applying system analysis techniques and procedures.
The ideal candidate is expected to work collaboratively with leadership, other associates, and internal IT teams while promoting a positive work environment, and must possess both a proactive and positive attitude along with a strong ability to work with others to further the Company’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Establish, contribute to and adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
- Provide oversight on delivery of application solutions and enhancements
- Act as the subject matter expert, provide guidance, to IT Support, development and integration teams
- Design, develop, unit test and deploy new business functionality
- Work with business users and IT colleagues to provide solutions to match business needs
- Ensure functional documentation is created and updated
- Provide project implementation oversight, support, including testing of new features, and other system changes
- Design application features and functions workload and tasks
- Develop and implement seamless reporting capabilities per business needs
- Gather and consolidate unrefined business requirements from multiple sources and converge them into meaningful functional specifications
- Drive delivery of application features to successful completion by coordinating resources and timetables of resources and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews
- Adhere to all key departmental operating procedures around governance, project management, software lifecycle management, change management and application controls
- Guide in the design, development, testing and deployment of new business functionality
- Provide guidance on how solutions could help solve business problems, evolve existing business capabilities, and enable new business capabilities
- Using standard project management methodologies, analyze user operational requirements to design end-to-end solution, develop functional specifications, test cases
- Provide support for both application and business process issues
- Document all requests and ensure that the project management process methodology is adhered to including submission/updates to the business requirements
- Understand, perform and coordinate the analysis and design of business systems solution
- Develop and execute system testing and test plans as required as well as coordinate and conduct internal user support and training
- Act as a liaison between the business user groups and the technical systems groups
- Identify and document application integration requirements
- Develop and test solutions in collaboration with end-users, execute production migration and post-install after care
- Improve process flow and user documentation for Oracle ERP and enhance user knowledge and competency
- Ensure stability and data accuracy in the Oracle Applications production instance post release in addition to meeting customer needs in line with compliance and audit policies
- Create and manage Oracle Support Service Requests as and when required
- Design and manage the delivery of program specifications based on consultations with supervisor, programmers, external contractors and end users
- Document, propose and optimize Oracle ERP applications configuration to provide best usability and information availability
- Maintain consistency across functionality and processes. Understand the business models across Company’s global enterprise and any unique services / applications / localizations.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested
- Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times. Other requirements and considerations include:
- At least 3 years of hands-on functional and experience in working with Oracle ERP in corporate accounting modules and projects
- At least 3 years of IT specific experience related to analysis, development, testing, or equivalent experience acquired by serving as a key business subject matter expert on IT initiatives
- At least 3 years of functional or techno-functional experience in Oracle financials modules specifically in the corporate accounting area: GL, FA, AR, AP, CST
- 3 years (Preferred) programming and Oracle E Business Suite experience
- 1 year PHP, Python and Laravel a plus
- Traveling between operating locations within the United States is required
- Demonstrated experience in being self-supporting in EBS technology components: SQL, PL/SQL, reports etc. using TOAD, or SQL Developer or equivalent code edit. Knowledge of PHP, Python, HTML, CSS and Laravel a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency and willingness to serve as an internal subject matter expert (SME) for Oracle modules including GL, FA, AR, AP, CST providing feasibility analysis, solution design and new functionality implementation as required
- Understanding of e-business Tax (ZX) module and other tax integration tools such as Vertex
- Understanding of Oracle Supply Chain cycles and modules: OTC, BOM, WIP, PO
- Thorough understanding of technical and functional aspects of Oracle ERP including Application Object Library (AOL), and FND
- Demonstrated experience working with technology and integrated systems with Oracle EBS
- Cross train internal IT on Oracle ERP new features, functionality and integrations
- Exposure of information systems, business processes and measures of success
- Ability to engage in various levels of application development including interaction with subscription service product managers/end users for requirement analysis, system analysis and design, system testing and integration, implementation and documentation required
- Experience in building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Experience in generating process maps for front-end related business processes
- Ability to articulate to stakeholders the value of recommended approaches and solutions
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Problem Analysis
- Ability to work alone, or within a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Experience in working with Oracle ERP in the corporate accounting.
- Functional or techno-functional experience in Oracle financials modules specifically in the corporate accounting area: GL, FA, AR, AP, CST
- Competent in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook,PowerPoint, IDE’s such as Toad and phpstorm.or equivalent.
Must be able to successfully pass a drug and background screen.